Fuel Price Disclosure Bill Scrutiny Committee
Terms of Reference
The Legislative Assembly resolved on 22 October 2014 that:
- This Parliament appoints a Select Committee named the Fuel Price Disclosure Bill Scrutiny Committee to scrutinise the draft Fuel Price Disclosure Bill prepared by the Office of the Parliamentary Counsel dated 14 October 2014.
- The Committee will enquire into the effect of the bill in meeting its aims of better informing motorists of the price structure of fuel and promoting price competition.
- The Committee will enquire into mechanisms for setting a price motivator exemption to be gazetted under the bill.
- The Committee’s membership shall comprise three Government Members, who shall be the Members for Daly, Blain and Arafura; two opposition members and the Member for Nelson, who shall be the chair.
- The Committee may elect a Deputy Chair of the committee, who may act as the Chair when the Chair is absent from a meeting or there is no Chair of the Committee.
- A quorum of the Committee shall be three Members of the Committee.
- The Committee is to report by the April 2015 Parliament sittings.
- The provisions of this resolution have effect notwithstanding anything contained in the Standing Orders
Submission No. 1 - Caltex Australia
Submission No. 1 - Caltex Supplementary 1
Submission No. 1 - Caltex Supplementary 2
Submission No. 2 - BP (Confidential)
Submission No. 3 - Woolworths Limited
Submission No. 4 - Automobile Association Northern Territory
Submission No. 5 - Viva Energy Australia (Confidential)