Environment and Sustainable Development Committee 11th Assembly
The Environment and Sustainable Development Committee was first established during the 9th Assembly. The Committee was reestablished in the 10th and 11th Assemblies.
Motion to Establish Committee
Environment and Sustainable Development Committee - Motion - 9 September 2008 - Establishment, Terms of Reference and Appointment of Membership
Ms LAWRIE (Leader of Government Business) (by leave): Madam Speaker, I move that during the present session of the Assembly –
Sessional Committee to be known as the Environment and Sustainable Development
Committee be appointed. The membership of the Environment and sustainable
Development Committee comprise three government members, two members of the
opposition and one Independent member. the following members, unless otherwise
ordered, be appointed to the committee: Ms Walker, Mr Gunner, Mr McCarthy, Mr
Chandler, Mr Styles, and Mr Wood.
The committee shall elect a government member as chairman.
Madam Speaker, I move further that during the present session of the Assembly–
Environment and Sustainable Development Committee shall be empowered unless
otherwise ordered to inquire into and from time to time report upon and make
recommendations on matters referred to it by the relevant minister or
resolution of the Legislative Assembly:
(a) any matter concerned with the environment or how the quality of the environment might be protected and improved;
(b) any matter concerned with the sustainable development of the Northern Territory.
2. The committee be empowered to send for persons, papers and records to sit in public or in private session, notwithstanding any adjournment of the Assembly, to adjourn from place to place and have leave to report from time to time its proceedings from the evidence taken and make such interim recommendations as it may deem fit, and to publish information pertaining to its activities from time to time.
3. The committee shall be empowered to consider, disclose and publish the minutes of the proceedings, evidence taken and records of similar committees appointed in previous Assemblies.
4. The committee be empowered to publish from day to day such papers and evidence as may be ordered by it, and unless otherwise ordered by the committee a daily Hansard be published of such proceedings as to take place in public.
5. The committee have the power to appoint subcommittees consisting of two or more of its members and to refer to any such subcommittee any matter which the committee is empowered to examine, and that the quorum of a subcommittee shall be two.
6. The foregoing provisions of this resolution, so far as they are inconsistent with the standing orders, have effect notwithstanding anything contained in the standing orders.
Motion agreed to.
Submission No. 1 - Department of Regional Development,
Primary Industry, Fisheries and Resources
Submission No. 2 - Department of Natural Resources, Environment, The Arts and Sport
Submission No. 3 - NT Horticultural Association
Submission No. 3 - Appendix A
Submission No. 4 - Environment Protection Authority
Public Hearing - Department of Regional Development, Primary
Industry, Fisheries and Resources - 24 November 2008
Supplementary Answer - Department of Regional Development, Primary Industry, Fisheries and Resources
Public Hearing - Arid Zone Research Centre - 27 November 2009
Public Hearing - Centrefarm Aboriginal Horticulture Ltd. - 27 November 2009
Public Hearing - NT Cattleman's Association - 16 October 2009
Powerpoint Presentation - NT Cattleman's Association - 16 October 2009
Public Hearing - NT Environment Protection Authority - 16 October 2009
Public Hearing - NT Horticultural Association - 16 October 2009
Powerpoint Presentation - NT Horticultural Association 16 October 2009
Public Hearing - Department of Natural Resources, Environment, The Arts and Sport - 13 May 2009
Public Hearing - Northern Territory Agricultural Association - 22 February 2010
Public Hearing - Water Resources Division, NRETAS - 19 August 2010