Dundee Power Connection
10. Dundee Power Connection
Mr Maley to MINISTER for Essential Services
1. Would you kindly advise when construction of the power grid which will extend all the way to Dundee Beach is scheduled to commence.
3. If so, would you kindly advise whether there will be requirements to pay any money up front and the amount of any up front payment.
4. Do you plan to levy or place caveats or any type of charge on the residential properties in the Dundee and Fog Bay region.
5. If so, would you kindly advise the quantum of those levies, caveats or charges and the proposed terms and conditions including any interest which will be applicable to those residents who defer the payment of any up front sum.
Answered on 01/11/2002
1. The power line extension to Dundee is a Government commitment for completion in its first term. The timing of capital works is determined in the annual Budget.
2. The Distribution System Extension Policy (DSEP), in place since 1986, provides for the charging of customers who benefit from power line extensions. The quantum of any charges has not yet been determined for this particular project.
3. DSEP provides for a number of payment methods ranging from an upfront lump sum payment to regular instalments. Where customers do not wish to connect immediately, DSEP provides for Overriding Statutory Charges (OSCs) to be placed on lots which become due when either the allotment is sold, or an application for supply is made.
4. The DSEP provides for the charging of customers who benefit from power line extensions. Under the DSEP, OSCs can be paid by instalments, interest free, over a period of up to three years.
5. As advised in the answer to Question 2, the quantum of any customer contributions consistent with DSEP have not been determined for this particular project.
Last updated: 04 Aug 2016